At Pocket Pets 101, we prioritize our content’s veterinary and editorial integrity. We set strict standards about how we create content.
Our approach to content creation
The Pocket Pets 101 team is committed to providing accurate, trustworthy, and unbiased information. Our in-house editorial team writes each article and does this in partnership with veterinarians and veterinary technicians.
We follow a few steps to guarantee that we can provide the most up-to-date and science-based information while also incorporating data from long-term pet owners:
- Read topic-related books and magazines written by trusted sources and pet owners.
- Consult (online) reference works such as the MSD Veterinary Manual
- Study and evaluate research papers
- Use our own experience and in-house research to add a unique touch and added value to each article
- Consult online communities, such as our own Facebook groups
- Review each article by a veterinarian and/or veterinary technician
Our content isn’t the run-of-the-mill information you can find on tens of other pet sites. We only write about pets that we have extensive experience with!
If you want to learn more about our team or pets, you should visit our About Us page.
Our approach to product reviews
The Pocket Pets 101 team regularly reviews products. We test these products ourselves and base our final judgment – and possible recommendation – on a number of elements. We prefer quality over quantity and will only recommend safe and suitable products for your pets. Contrary to popular belief, not all products available in pet stores are safe for your pets.